Monday, December 22, 2008

You're a Twilight addict but I'm hooked with the Transformers



"I wish normal people would have a heart like vampires, because when they fall in-love, they will never fall out of love."
-Bella Swan

That is the line I remembered quoted by the infamous Twilight leading lady, Bella Swan. I'm not really sure if I got the lines precisely, because I have never read or even watched Twilight except from the talks of my classmates who are addicted to it so to all Twilight-ers out there [That's what I call Twilight fans], correct me if I'm wrong. I always ask myself: Why are a lot of people are addicted to Twilight? Why can't they just be addicted to old-school vampire movies like Vampire: Los Muertos, Lost Boys, Vampires and the like? I should say, only few people appreciates old-school vampire movies and I'm one of them. Twilight is all about romance that they say it has this kilig factor that'll make you jump and giggle even on your seat. No offense to all the Twilight-ers out there, but I don't find Robert Pattinson a.k.a Edward Cullen gorgeous. Yeah, sure, the definition of Edwarn Cullen is absolutely perfect but when he is brought to life on the silver screen, he is far away from perfect. Messy bronze hair, porcelain and dull skin, eyes that speaks of danger and mystery - it's all because of make-up. Robert Pattinson looks better when he is Cedric in Harry Potter.

Call me a so-last year gal, but I call my self a self-proclaimed Transformer addict. I am never really in the latest entertainment [think High-School Musical, Twilight and Transformers] because I'm more an old-school, remake junkie kind of movie freak. I admire George A. Romero and Stephen Spielberg's work especially if it's all about zombies and the extra-terrestrial. I have downloaded Transformers on my iPod and I find it really cool while watching the robot battle on the big city. My adrenaline rushed when I saw Bumblebee transforming into a big yellow robot from a crappy old Camaron. I think he was fighting with Blackout that time. What provoke me is that an autobot died in the battle against Decepticons. I wanted to kill Megatron right then and there while he was ripping Jazz apart. So unfortunate of the Lieutenant of Optimus Prime! I am thinking of collecting the Transformers Autobots and Decepticons. I wish to have Jazz, Ratchhead, Ironhide, Bumbleebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bonecrusher, Blackout, Devastator and Starscream right on the shelf! Hail to Michael Bay for remaking the 1980's Transformers. Could there be a part two of this amazing movie? Maybe all of the Decepticons will come to life again because the last part shows that they were just thrown into the Laurentian Abyss. It's not impossible for them to come back, right?

"Like us, there is more to the humans that meets the eye."
-Optimus Prime


1 comment:

  1. i miss your blog! and of course you! =)
    i linked you. :)

    ReplyDelete