Friday, January 16, 2009

Saving money to buy something

Hey guys! Let me tell you about my plan. I am planning to buy a new cellphone and as I calculated when God will forbid me to save money for 9 consecutive weeks, I can have as much as 4,500 enough for a new camera phone. Anyway, my boyfriend Sherwin and I are planning to buy a China phone called Toshibo Nokia N99i TV Phone. It's really big and hip. It has clear TV resolution, has 1.3 Megapixels camera (though at the back of the phone, it is stated that it has 3.2 MP camera) and can hold up to 2GB of external memory.

It's really a cool phone with a reasonable price but the fact that it is a fake Nokia made me think twice. I have googled on it regarding the user opinions about this phone and the majority said that we should not buy those phones because after 2-3 since purchase, it will stop working. Some say that if you take good care of it, it will last for a very long period of time. We cannot deny the fact that the fake china phones are expanding its sales not only in the Philippines but in some parts of the world. OS are sometimes not working and you can sometimes purchase a defective unit but if you're lucky, you can find a durable one but it's not always luck when it comes on buying something.

I am only a student and I could not afford flashy, expensive cell phones. I can only buy cheaper ones if my allowance permits it. Right now, I am saving hard to reward myself after our finals. Up to this day, I've got only 600 for a week but I really think 600 or 500 a week is enough.

But it's really enticing to buy that Nokia N99i since it looks really good and pa-sosyal but of course, you have to be aware of the quality. As an IT student, I really should apply the software quality in buying a gadget. I am techie person so I should be really careful in the quality of the budget that I am buying.

My friend Glenn is selling this cellphone called Sony Ericsson W810. It's an original unit with 256K Colors, 512MB MMC and a 2MP camera with light sensor perfect for nighttime. He is selling it for only 3,500PHP and I really think it is a good deal. I asked him if he could reserve it for me until March and fortunately he said yes. I really like the resolution of this camera. It's a secondhand unit and the housing has some scratches due to daily use but I could purchase a new housing for 600PHP. I really think I should buy this one because it's worth the effort of saving my money for 9 weeks.

So what do you think about it, guys?

2 comments: